The Microsense SF6 Gas Detector
The Microsense IR is a single gas safe area detector for detection of Sulphur Hexafluoride (SF6) that meets the requirements for economic and reliable monitoring of gas levels in applications involving gas-insulated substations (GIS) and high voltage electrical equipment.
The instrument utilises an optical NDIR dual beam Infrared gas sensor technology consisting out of a measurement and reference channel. It’s integrated algorithm compensates for drift and temperature variations.
The unit offers easy access for installation of field wiring and allows for installation close to floor levels, this as SF6 is over 5 times heavier than air. Conclusion: The Microsense IR offers Infrared Technology for an affordable price.
- NDIR Infrared Dual Beam Technology
- Well suited for applications involving gas-insulated switchgear
- Rugged and Reliable
- Standard 4-20 mA Output
- ABS Housing
- High accuracy, selectivity and reliability
- Temperature Compensated
- Low cost of Ownership
- Low zero point drift
- Sulphur Hexafluoride (SF6)
- Measuring Range 0-1000 ppm
- Non-Dispersive Infrared Technology
- Diffusion principle, no pump required
- Response Time T90 less than 60 Sec
- Operating Temperature -10 to 50C
- Operating Humidity 0 to 95%
- Long Term Output Drift 0.5% / Year
- Power Supply Required 12-28VDC
- Output 4-20 mA
- EMC compliance AS/NZS 61000-3-2